An exceptional way to find a cemetery

The premier edition of the GYRabbits carnival is "exceptional finds" (Share with us those rare and unique cemeteries, gravestones, monuments, memorials, inscriptions, etc).  Although my entry is not about a rare cemetery, it is about a rare and unique way of finding it.

A few years ago, I was dating a guy who took me on a date in Rochester (we lived in the Finger Lakes at the time).  He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but when we got there, I was very excited.  We were located outside of Mount Hope Cemetery and he showed me around, taking me to graves of people like Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures that day, but it was a fantastic cemetery that I highly recommend visiting if you have the option.  It was one of the best dates I have ever gone on, as well as the most unique.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review