Celebrate Your Name Week

Janet the researcher mentioned that the first week in March is "Celebrate Your Name Week."

My first name is Amanda.  When I was younger, a man at church asked me if I knew what my name meant and told me it was "to be loved."  Recently, my boyfriend told me he found out that amanda is an actual word in Latin, a command really, meaning "must be loved."

According to Behind the Name the name Amanda was "Created in the 17th century by the playwright Colley Cibber, who based it on Latin amanda meaning "lovable, worthy of love". It came into regular use during the 19th century."

My middle name is Elizabeth.  It is a biblical name, which I received as it is my paternal grandmothers middle name.

I hope you will join in on Celebrate Your Name Week and share what your name means and whom you were named after, if applicable:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review