Unfortunately, my family decided not to pursue it at the time. Luckily my grandmother saved everything and I have been trying to figure out if she was correct. I have also been in contact with her to exchange additional information. I wanted to see if I came to the same conclusion.
Information I originally had:
- Anna May Sanderson died in Buffalo, NY the 29 Apr 1928
- According to her death certificate she was born 17 Jun 1881 in Burlington, Ontario and her parents are William and Unknown Sanderson both of Burlington. Informant was her son, Hobson Whitehead.
- Her obituary is as follows:
- Her (assumed) brother William's obituary as follows:
Hobson and William are Anna's children. According to William Sanderson's tombstone his wife's name is Sarah A. Douse.
- With her siblings names I searched ancestry for a female Sanderson and male Freeman, William Sanderson's and Gertrude Sanderson's marriage record. I found Mary Jane Sanderson and Samuel Freeman and William Sanderson and Annie A. Doucet. The parents on both of these were John Sanderson and Mary Alwood. I then checked Elizabeth Ann Sanderson and Wilmur Lawrence's marriage record, which had the same parents listed. There were no other records with the same parents.
- I then asked a RAOGK to check to find a marriage record for Anna May and William Whitehead, as I have been unable to find one. She too was unable to find one.
- Looking at Canadian census records for John and Mary Sanderson to try to find Anna May.