52 Weeks to Better Genealogy - Week #3

Amy Coffin at the We Tree blog is challenging bloggers to become better genealogists, with a new prompt each week through her 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy:
Assess yourself! You’re great at researching everyone else’s history, but how much of your own have you recorded? Do an assessment of your personal records and timeline events to ensure your own life is as well-documented as that of your ancestors. If you have a genealogy blog, write about the status of your own research and steps you may take to fill gaps and document your own life.


This is an aspect of my research that I have pretty much skipped over entirely.  I do have a few events for my life in my genealogy program, mainly addresses, schools and diplomas.  Outside of this, I have no information that will help my (future) descents.


Plan of attack:  I need to do some (it will someday be) Spring Cleaning!  I will go through my folders and boxes and pull out important documents and give myself a space in my genealogy binders.  I will also write up a short narrative of my life thus far.  Additionally, I need to start adding information about my memories to this blog, as that will make it more useful.


Although I would like to say that I plan to do this soon, the odds are that it will not be until I get back from Germany in July, as I have my plate pretty full for the next month before I leave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review