- An external hard-drive, which I backup to monthly, more if I have added a lot of information in a day or week.
- I email myself a copy of my gedcom on a monthly basis, in case my computer and external hard-drive fail.
- I have a Geni family tree which has names, dates, events and photos.
What I need to do:
- I am currently transcribing all the documents I have into my genealogy program. Following that I will need to scan them and link them in the program. This will protect my paper resources, if anything should happen to my apartment.
- I need to upload my scanned photos to my newly created Flickr account in case something happens to my computer and external hard-drive.
- I need to scan more photos, as I would be devastated if I lost some of these.
- I need to start saving a copy of my blog monthly to my computer and hard-drive, in case Blogger has a problem and loses it.
I highly recommend you, too, have a data backup plan that you are following. It would be horrible to lose all your work when there are such simple things to do.