Friday, January 1, 2010

End of Year Meme - 2009


Found on Head Tale:


  1. What did you do this year that you’d never done before?
    I had a lot of firsts this year.  In January I went to Germany and began my first ever blog, in May I became engaged and in August I began graduate school and went to my first library conference in October.  This was a fantastic year for firsts and I look forward to what they lead to in the new year and new decade.
  2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
    My best friend from college, Lauren, gave birth to her first child, Mikah, who is incredibly adorable.  A few friends of Aaron's also gave birth, Karen and Stephanie (they each had a girl).
  3. Did anyone close to you die?
    For the first time ever I will answer yes to this question, as my grandpa died November 29th.  At some point I will post on this, I just haven't yet figured out what to say.
  4. What countries did you visit?
    Germany, Austria and Canada
  5. What would you like to have in next year that you lacked this year?
    Free time, as school pretty much took all of that away.  I would also like to find a job at a library to get some experience.
  6. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory?
    May 8 - When Aaron and I got engaged.
  7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
    Getting into the MSLIS program at SU
  8. What was your biggest failure?I didn't do nearly as much genealogy work as I would have liked, but I wouldn't really consider that a failure, just a last of time.
  9. What was your biggest surprise?
    Being proposed too:-D
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
    I'm slowly developing a repetitive motion injury from work at Starbucks, but otherwise just a few colds I think.
  11. What was the best thing you bought?
    My Germany vacation with Aaron.
  12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?Aaron is amazing as always and dealt with a very busy and exhausted me.  My new friends in library school are all fantastic.
  13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
    The government in relation to the health care bill.  They need to stop thinking about their parties and lobbiests and start taking care of the people.
  14. Where did most of your money go?
    Rent and car (which I paid off, finally!)
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
    Planning a wedding (I detect a theme here:-))
  16. What song/album will always remind you of this year?"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, "Waking up in Vegas" by Katy Perry, "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson, Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker's albums.
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    1. Happier or sadder?  So much happier.
    2. Thinner or fatter? &nbs
      p;Fatter:-( (Not used to having someone in the house who cooks well)
    3. Richer or poorer? Poorer because of student loans.
  18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
    Living in the moment, exercising
  19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
    Worrying and complaining
  20. How will you be spending did you spend Christmas?
    Worked from 7:30 - 3, then at Aaron's parents.  Spent the weekend before Christmas with my family.
  21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
    My mom, she's pretty much the only person I call.  Text-wise is Aaron.
  22. What was your favourite TV program?
    Grey's Anatomy (getting good again:-))
  23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
    No, I hate all the same people.  
  24. What was the best book(s) you read?
    The Book Thief was brilliant and one would never guess it was a young adult novel.  I finally broke down and bough Evidence Explained, which is very helpful for my genealogical work.  Library-wise, The Accidental Library Manager was better than any of the books I read for class.
  25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
    Lady Antebellum
  26. What did you want and get?
    I have gotten more than I ever dreamed of yesterday.  I wanted to get into school and get the Germany experience, both of which I did.
  27. What did you want and not get?
    I had wanted a graduate assistantship and straight A's.  No assistantship, but A and A-'s, which is close enough considering I was working full-time as well as full-time school.
  28. What were your favourite films of this year?
    (500) days of summer, Paranormal Activity
  29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
    I turned 28 and worked all day, then had the last night of my 511 class, but it was the fun class on gaming in libraries and everyone brought food and hung out
  30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
    Can't think of anything
  31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
    Sweatshirts and jeans, as well as the ever-popular all-black Sbux regalia
  32. What kept you sane?
    Aaron and playing around online instead of doing work
  33. What political issue stirred you the most?
    The health care bill
  34. Who did you miss?
    My grandfather
  35. Who was the best new person you met?
    I can't pick one, I have met about 40 awesome people in school
  36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
    "Don't let procrastination be your primary time management skill"
  37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
    "I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some"
  38. What do you hope the next year brings?
    A fun
    time in Germany and an amazing wedding




No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...