SNGF - The Best 2009 Genealogy Moment

For this weeks SNGF (which I'm actually going on Saturday this week!) Randy asks:
1) "What was your best Genealogy Moment during 2009?" This could be a research find, a fabulous trip, a found family treasure, etc. Your choice!



My best genealogy moment was, beyond a doubt, going to Florida with my grandmother to visit two of my great aunts and their families.  I had an amazing time hearing stories, viewing and scanning photos and documents and getting to know my extended family (whose blogs I now follow!).  My favorite find, while there, was a tin-type of my ggg-grandmother Sophia and seeing the strong genes she had, which we passed to her granddaughter and all of her daughters, my Aunt Holly and myself.  It is amazing to see a photo of an ancestor, born almost a hundred and forty years before you, who you can see yourself in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences