Monday, February 15, 2010

A Tale-y of Day 2 and 3

Day 2 of the Genea-Blogger Games took a backseat to Valentines Day.  I had pre-posted my Wordle's on Saturday night, leading to a new medal in the Expand Your Knowledge category for completing task E.  Counts at the end of day two:

  1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!: Bronze
  2. Back Up Your Data!: None
  3. Organize Your Research!: None
  4. Expand Your Knowledge: Silver
  5. Write, Write, Write!: Bronze
  6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness: Silver
Day 3 went fantastically for my research and the Games.  I spent 3 hours at the FHC and found a lot of family information in the parish registers of Knockholt, Kent, England.  After I got home from work I went to adding it all into RootsMagic and sourcing it!  Counts at the end of day two:
  1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!: Added 24 new citations to make a total of 35, earning the Gold!
  2. Back Up Your Data!: None
  3. Organize Your Research!: The 24 citations created 25 data entries (Task E), leading to a Bronze.
  4. Expand Your Knowledge: Silver
  5. Write, Write, Write!: Bronze
  6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness: Silver
I ge
t out of work at 7pm tomorrow, giving me ample time to win some medals while I watch Olympians win some as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...