Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Tale-y of my GeneaBloggers Games Medals

I apologize for the awful pun in the title of this (and the next 23) post(s), but I couldn't help myself;-)

Day one of the GeneaBlogger Games was a stunning success.  I had off work, so I began about 1am, went to bed after some pre-game planning and then spent the day doing genealogy interspersed with laundry and homework.  I have medaled in 4 out of 6 events and am just warming up!
  1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!
    1. Citation Count: 11.  Currently at Bronze ranking with distinct possibility of Platinum
  2. Back Up Your Data!
    1. Task Completion: None, aiming for the Gold here, but may only get a Silver.
  3. Organize Your Research!
    1. Task Completion: None, despite all the source citation.  I should organize all those sources later this week.  Goal here is a Gold.
  4. Expand Your Knowledge:
    1. Task Completion: A(Make a GoogleMap of an ancestral town), which you can view here.  I will get a Platinum in this event, as I LOVE these types of activities!
  5. Write, Write, Write!
    1. Task Completion: F(Participate in a 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy Challenge), during which I made a GoogleMap shown here and helped me medal both #4 and #5:-)  I am aiming for a Platinum here, as writing is the whole point of being a blogger.
  6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness
    1. Task Completion: A(Comment on a new Geneaology Blog) - very easy with all the wonderful new blogs.  G(Use follow feature on Blogger-based Genealogy Blog) - did this after making comments above.  F(Join a society) - I received my membership kit for APG today.  Not sure yet if this counts, will have too look into it.  Currently at either Silver or Gold Level.  Anticipate Platinum Level by end of Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...