Amazing New Genealogy Spreadsheets

Dick Eastman posted about CensusTools Spreadsheets today.  After reading the post, I want to check them out, as I love spreadsheets for data tracking.  I was not disappointed!  In fact, I can not express enough how impressed I am with this site.

Gary Minder writes "Ever try entering extracted census data into your genealogy program's primitive text editor? The mess and frustration led me to create my first spread sheet in 2001 so I could elec tron i cal ly preserve my data in an easy to view format."  I can not agree more and am loving the spreadsheets he created, particularly the research log, census trackers and the cemetery data form.  After downloading them and going through a few I donated his recommended $10 through PayPal.  This is the best $10 I have spent on genealogy organization material in a long time.

I highly recommend you go and check out his spreadsheets, as they will make your life much easier organizationally.  The research log lists over 125 types of sources to check for each person with a box next to each that you can check yes, no or not applicable.  If these sources aren't enough it is easy to change or add more, such as changing the US censuses listed to those in the country they lived in.  I would also recommend adding in Footnote, GoogleBooks, WOrldCat and a blog search for each ancestor under online sources.  I look forward to using this to make sure I have found all I can about each ancestor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review