Monday, February 1, 2010

The Tale of January Research

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...  January - a new month, a new year, a new decade.  The worst of times was the cold of a Central New York winter, but it's mostly been a rather mild so winter, so I'm pretty lucky. For the best of time it was the first time in 4 months I didn't have school, which meant I could actually research, though mostly I organized.  I have decided monthly reviews make more sense than weekly ones, as I don't do enough genealogy things in a week to dedicate a whole post to it, usually.  Thanks Barbara for the amazing monthly reviews which gave me this idea!   


Best of times:

  • Research
    • Ordered death certificates for Katherine Weiss Eichhorn Gorndt and Charles Gorndt
    • Found census and civil war info for Charles Gorndt
    • Found Amelia Casillo's marriage date
    • Ordered 5 films from the FHC for Knockholt, Kent, England and Roccaromano, Casera, Italy
  • Organization
    • I transcribed two binders of records into my genealogy program
  • Education
    • Became a member of ProGen Group #6
    • Attended RUSA's (ALA)
      • Listed on Randy's
    • Joined APG
  • Transcription
    • Began transcription of the 1865 East Aurora, Erie, NY census for the
  • Reading:
    • Finding your Italian ancestors : a beginner's guide by Suzanne Russo Adams
    • Social networking for genealogists by Drew Smith
    • In search of your German roots : a complete guide to tracing your ancestors in the Germanic areas of Europe by Angus Baxter
  • Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...