ProGen - Month 1 Complete

As a newly minted member of the ProGen Study Group community (in group #6), I am now finished with month number one and have begun the readings for month number 2.  Month 1 focused on our genealogical resume, which was rather daunting.  I have namely done self-training, through reading, some online lessons and a lot of trial and error.  I have always learned best by going to the library and reading books and that is how I approached genealogy.  If there is a genealogy book in the Syracuse public library system, you can bet I read it or have it on my "to request" list.  In the future, I am going to try to attend more workshops and conferences to supplement my reading.  Everyone else seems much more experienced, but they are all very friendly and offer a lot of excellent advice!  I am looking forward to strengthening my skills as a genealogist through this program over the next 19 months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences