Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Tale of March's Research

I am constantly amazed by how much I can get done when I am busy, compared to how little when I have a lot of free time.  For the first time in 10 years I am not working, only going to school and have more free time than I know what to do with.  As such, I have fallen behind on blog reading and writing, barely done research and generally just slouched around;-)  The upside to this is that I am more relaxed than I have ever been and hope to be moderately productive in my research in April.

In March I:

  • Completed NGS online course in Transcribing, Extracting and Abstracting Genealogical Records
  • Completed month 1 of the ProGen course and did assignments for month 2
  • Received BMD certificates from England which I need to enter into my database
  • Read Roots by Alex Haley.  After having it on my shelf for years, I have finally read the book that launched many genealogists hobby
  • Joined Ancestry.com for 3 months on the World membership.  Did a little research into census records for my father's family

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...