Easter Memories

Growing up, I always spent Easter the same way.  I would wake up very early and go to sunrise Service with my grandmother.  The youth group put on the service each year, and it was always my favorite, very contemporary with a play and upbeat songs.  We would then head to the fellowship hall where there was a small brunch.  Following brunch we went to the 8:30 service put on by the paster and then I went to Sunday School.  After Sunday School I would rush home and my sister and I would search for our Easter baskets.  I never liked searching and wished the Easter bunny just left them out like Santa Claus.  At noon my mom's family would come over for a big brunch with coffee cake, sausage, bacon, scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, toast, coffee and juice.  It was always quite the feast.  Sometimes I would then organize an egg hunt or we would just play.   Near the end of brunch my dad would come get my sister and I and take us to my grandparents.  Dinner usually with them, almost always ham.

This year I will be far from home for Easter, but I will be thinking about these memories and looking forward to attending brunch again next year.  Happy Easter to you and yours!

Comments

  1. I already posted you as a winner, too, so now you have two! I've chosen you to receive the "Ancestor Approved Award". You can pick it up and find the details at http://haugenhistory.blogspot.com/2010/04/ancestor-approved-award-yay.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog, and I just nominated for the Ancestor Approved Award. You can pick it up here. http://meandmyancestors.blogspot.com/2010/04/ancestor-approved-award.htmlNow I see you have been nominated before. I tried to look at all the blogs first so not to repeat the award but I didn't look at the comments. I should have know you be hit!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much for this award. A am so honored to have been given it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review