Fantastic Find Friday - Casillo Passenger List

My great-great aunt Lu wrote to my Grandpa Casell back when he started doing genealogy research and included that when she got her passport, the passport office found the passenger list of her father's (Marcantonio Casillo) first trip to the US with his father Pietro when Marcantonio was 17.  Over the years I have tried to find this passenger list and never managed to, wondering if it was an incorrect family legend.  Then I searched for Pietro on Ancestry.com and there it was!  It was so exciting to prove this piece of family history.




"New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957," online images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 10 Apr 2010), manifest, Elysia, 11 May 1887, M. Casillo, Year: 1887; Arrival: New York, United States; Microfilm serial: M237; Microfilm roll: M237_506; Line: 16; List number: 540.

Comments

  1. Amanda, I have been having some problems with my blog (or just blogs), in that some of my pictures don't show up and even worse, I am afraid pictures on other blogs aren't showing up. (This is worse, because I am not sure whether there was a picture for the blog or not.) So, my world trotting friend, did you have a picture of the NY Passenger List on this post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan,I did indeed post a picture. It shows up when I look, as are the pictures on your blog. I hope you have been able to see them since you left this comment!Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. no luck yet in this regard. Hopefully this issue will get resolved soon. I tried going back to the basic blogger templates, but still had trouble. My schedule is clearing out, so I should have time to work on it this week. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review