Saturday, April 17, 2010

Madness Monday - Census Problems

Welcome to my first Madness Monday post!  Over the weekend, I was catching up on some census additions to many people in my database and found few people who appear to have been abducted by aliens for the day in the early 1900's...  Looks like it is time to start reading line by line.  If you have come across them in your research, please let me know:-)

Katherine Weiss Eichhorn, b. 1849 in Germany and daughter Marie b. 1891 in Buffalo, should be listed on the 1910 census.  I have found Katherine's 4 other living children, her future spouse, Marie's future spouse, but no Katherine and Marie.  My next step is to look at Buffalo city directories to see where they lived and look line by line.

Clara Eichhorn, b. 1884 in Buffalo, should be listed in the 1900 census as a 16 year old.  Her family is there, who she was listed with in 1892, but no Clara.  She isn't with her future husbands family and I cannot seem to find her as a servant, which is my best guess as to her location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...