Fantastic Find Friday - Letter from a great-great aunt

One of the biggest helps in research is always information from those who researched before you.  This is a transcription of a letter I found in my grandfathers' papers regarding his grandparents.  Although some of the information was not quite correct, it helped tremendously and provided a great starting point that would have taken me much longer to get to.

Aug. 3, 1978

Dear Bob + Maryln [sic] + family,

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed each and every one of you.  I really hated to leave this time.  I am holding you to your promise to come see us here.

Now, as to the dates you want on your Grandfather Casell.  His correct name on his marraige license is Marcantonio Casillo.  Born Jan. 11, 1868[.] He passed away some time in Dec. 1938.  I think he was buried at Bflo. Cemetary [sic].  They should have the exact date.  He became a Citizen of the U.S. Oct. 24, 1892, age 24.  Married Carolina Izzo, Dec. 5 1901.  She was 25 and he was age 33.  I had to have all this information when I applied for my Passport.  They were amazed that they found the record of my father's first trip to the U.S. with his dad, when he was 17.  Hope this is of some help.

My love to you all.  Keep on being understanding of your father and see that he doesn't get too lonely.

Love, Aunt Lu

Comments

  1. Love these types of old letters! They are a great way to start researching lines, even if there are mistakes. Especially if the writer has passed away since the letter was written. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences