Tombstone Tuesday: Marienkirche, Rostock, Germany

TombstoneTombstone

TombstoneTombstone close-up: Skull with flowers coming out of the top

I took a lot of pictures of the tombstones in Marienkirche in Rostock, Germany, and will be posting them the next few weeks for Rombstone Tuesday.  They had some of the most interesting carvings I have even seen on tombstones.  The first image appears to be a medusa-type image, though that may be incorrect.  The second image is a moon and star.  The third was the most interesting to me, hence the close-up of the skull with flowers growing out of the top.  These stones date from the 16-, 17- and 1800's.  Tomorrow I will post on the history of Marienkirche.

Comments

  1. [...]    Posted by: Amanda E. Perrine   in 2011 Here are more tombstones from Marienkirche.  I also posted some last week. [...]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review