Monday, August 9, 2010

MSLIS Monday: Archives Internship

I recently started my internship at the Archives of the Episcopal Diocese of Central New York.  My job was to create a website for them so that researchers know what information they hold.  You can see it here.  Now that it is nearly finished, I will assist with other projects they have.

It is amazing to hold the parish registers from the 1800s in my hands.  As a genealogist, I tend to use microfilms from the Family History Center, so to see the original, even without a connection to my family, is still thrilling.  The more I work in archives relating to genealogy and history, the more I want to do this for a living.

1 comment:

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...