Monday, October 25, 2010

Amanuensis Monday - Carolina Casillo Will

Amanuensis Monday is a blog theme created by John Newmark at TransylvaniaDutch.  He defines amanuensis an 'a person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another."

For my first Amanuensis Monday I have transcribed the will of my great-great grandmother, Carolina (Izzo) Casillo.

Will of Carolina Casillo

Erie County, New York

Will Book 123:559

Written 25 June 1934; proved 26 October 1934

 

“Last Will and Testament.

 

I, Carolina Casillo of the City of Buffalo, in the County of Erie and State of New York, being of sound mind and memory, do make, publish and declare this my last Will and Testament, in manner following, that is to say:

First.  I direct that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid.

Second.  I give, devise and bequeath to my beloved children Amalia Berni and Alfred M. Casell the sum of One Hundred Dollars each.  To my children Angeline Frascelli, Lucy Murphy and Clara Catalano, I give devise and bequeath to each the sum of Fifty Dollars.

Third: I give, devise and bequeath all the remainder of my estate be the same personal or real to my beloved husband Marco A. Casillo.

Lastly, I hereby nominate, constitute and appoint my beloved husband, Marco A. Casillo, without bond, executor of this, my last Will and Testament: hereby revoking all former wills by me made.

 

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name the 25 day of June in the year One thousand nine hundred and thirty-four

 

Carolina Casillo

 

We, whose names are hereto subscribed Do Certify that on the 25 day of June 1934 Carolina Casillo the testatrix, subscribed her name to this instrument in our presence of each of us, and at the same time, in our presence and hearing, declared the same to be her last Will and Testament, and requested us and each of us, to sign our names thereto as witnesses to the execution thereof, which we hereby do in the presence of the testatrix and of each other, on the said date, and write opposite our names out respective places of residence.

 

Ernest L. Colucci residing at 370 Eagle St. BuffaloN.Y.

Ralph Colucci residing at 370 Eagle St BuffaloN.Y.

 

(88)

 

Surrogate’s Court, Erie County, New York.

 

In the Matter of Proving the Last Will and Testament} Certificate of Probate.

Of}

Carolina Casillo}

Deceased.}”

 

STATE OF NEW YORK,} ss.

COUNTY OF ERIE,}

 

I, GEORGE T. VANDERMEULEN, Clerk of the Surrogate’s Court, of said County of Erie, do hereby certify in pursuance of Section 151 of Surrogate’s Court Act, that on the day of the date hereof, the last Will and Testament of the above named deceased, being the annexed written instru-ment, was upon due proof daily admitted to probate by the Surrogate’s Court of the County of Erie and by the Surrogate of said County, as and for the last Will and Testament of said deceased, and as a Will valid to pass Real and Personal Property.

 

Said last Will and Testament is recorded in the office of said Surrogate, in Liber 123 of Wills, at page 559.

 

In Testimony Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed the Seal of Office of the Surrogate of said County, this 26 day of Oct. in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred thirty-4.

 

G.T. Vandermeulen

Clerk of the Surrogate’s Court

 

By John F. Uhler[?]

Assistant Probate Clerk”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...