MSLIS Monday - OCPL Archives Internship

I am currently at work on my newest internship, organizing the archive of the Onondaga County Public Library.  When I started, this was basically a hidden collection, the librarians knew it was there, but patrons did not and it was not organized or cataloged.  I have almost gone through the entire collection and there are fantastic items in there, like a letter from Laura Ingalls Wilder and the first public library of Syracuse.  Beginning this week, I will begin foldering and boxing the collection and then will create a finding aid.  My internship is scheduled through January.

Comments

  1. Fantastic project! Plus I am a big fan of Laura Ingalls Wilder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan, too, especially since my ancestors came from her 'hood. Sounds like a great internship project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

GRIP, Take 4