Monday, November 29, 2010

A Letter For Grandpa

[caption id="attachment_654" align="aligncenter" width="291" caption="With my Grandpa Acquard (1985)"][/caption]

Dear Grandpa,

It's hard to believe it has been a year.  Time is strange, I have learned, sometimes it feels like minutes, sometimes decades, and when is far beyond my control.  Did you ever think about that?  Did you wonder when you grew old?  When your children and grandchildren grew up?

It has been quite a year.  Aaron and I got married about two months ago.  I put a poinsettia on the alter in memory of you.  I wish I had gotten to dance with you at the reception.  We got Grandma to dance a few times and I think everyone had a wonderful time.  I am glad you met each other a few times, that he can have memories of you, too.

I went to Germany for 4 months.  I know you always worried when I traveled alone, but I was careful, and went to amazing places in Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark and even Iceland.  I didn't get to any ancestral villages like planed, but Aaron and I will be making a trip someday.

I am still a reader.  In fact, we have a huge stack of your books and magazines that Grandma let us have.  I'm still doing genealogy, when I get the time.  I promise to start on your mother's Polish side when I finish with school, since I know you and Aunt Dottie haven't done much of it.

I'll be 29 in a week and a half.  Pretty crazy, huh?  Can you believe you eldest grandchild is nearing the end of her 20s?  I also finish my third semester of graduate school that day.  Come May I'll have my masters degree.  I think this next year is going to be a good one... I'll keep you updated...

I miss you,

Love,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...