The end of the year was rather different from years past. I slipped on ice at school and sprained my ankle on my birthday. I have spent the past few weeks on my couch, which has given my a lot of time to think and plan for 2011. I am not a fan of resolutions, but I did want to come up with some goals. 2011 is looking to be a great year: I will get my Master's degree, find a job outside of retail, turn 30... Here is a list of my personal and genealogy-related goals for the coming year.
- Become a better blogger, posting at least 3 times a week and commenting more on other blogs.
- Train for and run a half-marathon
- Read at least 2 new books a month
- Plan more game nights/dinner parties/etc. to see friends more often
- Become more active with my church Social Justice Committee and History Committee
- Send birthday and anniversary cards to friends and family
- Write one ancestor profile a month for the blog
- Create written research plans, at least one per month. Post on my blog, along with follow-ups as to how the research goes
- Complete at least the first two CDs of the NGS home study course
- Attend at least one national genealogical conference