End of Year Meme - 2010

Found on Head Tale:






  1. What did you do this year that you’d never done before? Got married, lived in a foreign country for 4 months.

  2. Did anyone close to you give birth? No

  3. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully

  4. What countries did you visit? Canada, Germany, England (just to run through the airport to my plane, though), The Netherlands, Denmark, Iceland

  5. What would you like to have in next year that you lacked this year? A Master's degree, a library job and the whole year on the same continent as Aaron

  6. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory? 2 October, when I got married

  7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Planning an amazing wedding

  8. What was your biggest failure? Spraining my ankle on my 29th birthday and having to spend 2 weeks on the couch

  9. What was your biggest surprise? How much harder it was to spend 4 months away from my family and friends than it used to be.  Part of growing up, I suppose

  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Sprained my ankle on my birthday (ick) and still dealing with the repetition motion injury at work

  11. What was the best thing you bought? My wedding dress

  12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My friends and family who send me cards and letters and emails and had Skype conversations while I was in Hamburg.

  13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? I am going to keep my answer from last year: The government in relation to the health care bill.  They need to stop thinking about their parties and lobbiests and start taking care of the people.

  14. Where did most of your money go? Tuition and Germany

  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My wedding:-D

  16. What song/album will always remind you of this year? "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz

  17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

  18. Happier or sadder?  Happier

  19. Thinner or fatter? About the same

  20. Richer or poorer? Poorer, as I make much less money than in the past

  21. What do you wish you’d done more of? Budgeting so I could have done more traveling around Europe

  22. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being homesick

  23. How will you be spending did you spend Christmas? Worked from 7:30 - 3, then at Aaron's parents.  Spent the week before Christmas with my family.

  24. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? My mom, she's pretty much the only person I call.  Text-wise is Aaron.

  25. What was your favourite TV program? Grey's Anatomy, this season was awesome

  26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I hate all the same people;-)

  27. What was the best book(s) you read? Julie and Julia, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, Eat, Pray, Love

  28. What was your greatest musical discovery? None I can think of

  29. What did you want and get? A Librarianship Into the Future Award at school, which is a half-tuition scholarship

  30. What did you want and not get? To exchange my plane ticket home for one a few weeks earlier without having to spend a massive amount of money

  31. What were your favourite films of this year? The Social Network, Up In the Air

  32. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29.  I went to my anthro class, then slipped on ice and sprained my ankle, spending 6 hours in the ER, followed by a trip to Wegman's for painkillers, Indian for dinner with Aaron, then fell asleep at about 7:30pm.  At least it was memorable;-)

  33. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I had kept up my running.  In Hamburg I was running 3-5 miles a night, then I stopped when I got back and am now picking up from scratch

  34. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year? Sweatshirts and jeans

  35. What kept you sane? Downloading books from Onondaga County Public Library, running around the lake in Hamburg, having supportive family and friends

  36. What political issue stirred you the most? The health care bill and the repealing of Don't Ask, Don't Tell

  37. Who did you miss? Aaron while I was away

  38. Who was the best new person you met? I met a bunch of amazing people in Hamburg

  39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year. Savor the week of your wedding and take lots of pictures.  It happens so quick

  40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year? "I'm a rover and I'm bound to sail away;  I'm a rover can you love me anyway?"

  41. What do you hope the next year brings?  Graduating with my MSLIS, getting a library job and a new, larger apartment


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

GRIP, Take 4