Tuesday, January 11, 2011

National Letter Writing Week

Woman Reading a Letter(Source)

In todays digital age, letter writing has fallen out of style, replaced with texts, emails and Google chat.  As a genealogist and one who has done an internship in an Archive, I find this sad, as all of these will easily disappear and no one will be able to read them in the future.  This is unlike letters on paper, which have lasted for centuries and give a view of history that is more personal and interesting than is found in books.  This week is National Letter Writing Week.  Write and mail a letter to a loved one today.

2 comments:

  1. National Letter Writing Week http://bit.ly/ecYneE #genealogy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly enjoy reading your blog! I am pronouncing you "Ancestor Approved" ... the image and information is on my blog at http://aremyrootsshowing.blogspot.com/2011/01/ancestor-approved-again.html

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...