Winter Memories – 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History

GeneaBloggers and Amy Coffin's newest series, 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History, week #2 – Winter Memories Week 2: Winter.  What was winter like where and when you grew up?

Snow to Power lines

Growing up in Buffalo means a lot of winter memories.  Memories from the past, such as this picture of my Grandpa Casell during the Blizzard of '77, when the snow reached higher than the telephone wires and memories of the Christmas Eve when I was young whenwe got over 2 feet of snow in just a few hours.  I remember measuring with a yard stick when we got home from my aunt and uncle's.

My favorite winter memories are of the smell of a clear winter night, when a million stars filled the sky and my sister, cousin Matt and I would play outside as my Aunt Amy cross-country skied around the yard.  Snowmen, snow angels, and making "igloos" are the best things of a childhood in a snowy area.  The smell of winter takes me back to my childhood every time.  I remember making "feet" on the frosted over front door while waiting for the bus, brushing snow off the car and hoping for snow days.

Snow-covered Truck

Another part of winter is the hearty food that gets made to warm one up after shoveling the driveway or having a snowball fight.  Beef stew, chicken noodle soup and roast with vegetables are my favorites that I still enjoy for a cold night spent in my warm apartment.  And don't forget the hot chocolate with marshmallows (Swiss Miss is my favorite)!

Comments

  1. Several periods, foot agony can manifest when
    your toes are not correctly balanced and specific spots of your ft have to bear a
    disproportionate quantity of excess fat. They can be cut into different lengths and offer
    a variety of available exercises to tone multiple muscle groups.

    Information gathered through user reviews states that this app is easy to use, fast, and highly resourceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more
    on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since this is a prescription product, doctors will normally do a routine check up to
    see if you qualify. Having a good attitude about the process is important.
    Many people think they should take a lot of diet additives to achieve their
    goals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review