Fearless Females: Naming Patterns

Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month by Lisa Alzo.

March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.

My first name, Amanda, is unique in my family.  Prior to being married, was the only "Amanda Acquard" to ever exist in the world.

My middle name, however, has a multitude of connection to my female ancestors.  My middle name, Elizabeth, was given to me in honor of my Grandma Acquard, whose middle name is also Elizabeth.  Both of her paternal great-grandmother's had the first name Elizabeth (Zwilling and Nichter), which is where I imagine they got it for her.

Coincidently, my mother also has the middle name of Elizabeth.  My mom got this middle name after her maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Fink Gress, and also after her aunt who died in infancy, Elizabeth Whitehead.

It was very important to me to keep this connect to my family by keeping my middle name when I got married.  It will also be the middle name of my daughter, if I have one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review