Fearless Females: Photograph Edition

In honor of National Women’s History Month, Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog presents Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.

March 2 — Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo?



[caption id="attachment_809" align="aligncenter" width="254" caption="Sophia Passel Gress"][/caption]

This is a tintype of my great-great-great grandmother Sophia Passel Gress.  Born in 1846 in Germany, this picture was probably taken around the turn of the century in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.  This is one of my favorite photographs of my ancestors for a variety of reasons.  I love how regal she looks; that it is a tintype that has been handed down in the family through the generations; that if you didn't know better you could think it was my great grandmother or my grandmother or one of my great aunts, due to the stong facial resemblance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences