MSLIS Monday: A Library Job!

I have recently accepted a job as a consulting archivist for the Jewish Heritage Center of Central New York.  Though part-time, it has, and will continue to, afford me an opportunity to use my archival training to organize their archives.  I will also be able to develop the collection and use my genealogical skills to assist visitors with their research.

It is tremendously exciting!  It is also hard to believe that in just over 1 month I will officially be a librarian!

In other news, I will be attending Librarian Day at the New England Regional Genealogical Conference Thursday and attending the rest of the conference over the weekend.  Will anyone else be attending?

Comments

  1. Congratulations! How exciting to do what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It sounds like a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting your dream job, Amanda!

    P.S. No, I won't be at NERGC, but will be wishing I was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here and having fun. Thanks for the retweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda, it was great meeting you at NERGC and I'm sorry I didn't run into you again after the first luncheon. I hope you'll come to the next on, NERGC 2013 will be right in my backyard at Manchester, NH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Heather Wilkinson Rojo, I will definitely be there in 2013. I had told my husband to plan for it after Friday. I just wish these were yearly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very behind on my blog reading and hence very behind on my congratulations - well done Amanda! They are lucky to have you joining their team.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences