New England Regional Genealogical Conference

I attended NERGC in Springfield, MA this weekend.  Unfortunately, my hotel did not have internet, so I have been slowly writing up posts on all the session I attended.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the conference was.  This was my first genealogical conference and if others are this amazing, I picked the right hobby.  I was planning on attending the next conference (in 2013) even before this one was finished.  I was lucky enough to come home to an email that I won a free registration for 2013!  I cannot wait!  My biggest problem with the conference is that it's not annual.

The expo was a little bit too great... I ended up buying 4 books (all of which I, of course, needed;-)).  It was fun to see all the societies and genealogical resource companies.  Since I do not have ancestors from New England, many of these did not apply to me, but I have enjoyed reading through the society newsletters that were given away.

I will post one or two session/workshop summaries a day for the next couple weeks, linking back to this original post.

Workshops attended:

Thursday: Librarians' and Teachers' Day

Friday:

  • Two Chairs & A Pair of Spectacles: Discovering Your Ancestors in Probate Records: Marian Pierre-Louis

  • The Road Less Traveled: Polish & Ukrainian Research: Jonathon Shea, AG & Matthew Bielawa

  • Business Secrets of Professional Genealogists: We're Human Too!: Laura Prescott

  • Erie Canal Genealogy: The Peopling of Upstate NY & the Midwest: John Philip Colletta, Ph.D.

  • Effective Editing & Writing: Pamela Boyer Saytr, CG, CGL


Saturday:

  • Using Zotero, the Free Citation & Note Manager: Connie Reik

  • Italian Clusters & Chains for Genealogical Success: Shellee A. Morehead, Ph.D.

  • Where is Great-Grandma Hiding? Finding Forgotten Females: Sandra MacLean Clunies, CG

  • Workshop: Solving Genealogy Problems Using Deeds: An Advanced Deeds Workshop: Carol McCoy, Ph.D.

Comments

  1. New England Regional Genealogical Conference http://www.amandasathenaeum.com/new-england-regional-genealogical-conference/?utm_campaign=con

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I'm so glad you had a good time, and won registration for the next one in Manchester. I'm going to try for that one, it's 45 min. away!
    Enjoyed your report too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review