Are You Ready for the Rapture?

You may have heard the news that the rapture will be occurring to day at 6pm EST.  Although I find this doubtful, it is important to have your data backed up in event your own personal computer-Armageddon occurs.

Genealogists, thanks to Geneabloggers, are reminded to backup their data the first day of every month.  In honor of the potential rapture, I thought I would discuss some data backup methods a week early.

We often discuss the importance of backing up our genealogical materials such as our family tree file, images, and even our blogs, but what about the rest of your online files?

Do you use Google?  Twitter? LinkedIn? Facebook? How about Flickr?  Have you ever thought about what would happen if you accidently deleted your account?  Or if the site had an outage, similar to what Blogger had last week?  I use Backupify, which is a free service that continuously backs up all of my information on sites such as those mentioned above and emails me weekly to let me know that everything has been protected.  I highly recommend this service to help you in protecting your data.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review