Oh the Places You’ll Go…

ohtheplaces

Arguably one of the best books ever and brought up often at this time of the year.

Today as this post posts, I will be attending convocation at Syracuse University, where I will receive my Master’s in Library and Information Science and a Certificate of Advanced Study in Cultural Heritage Preservation.

The past two years have flown by and I am amazed by all of the wonderful I people I have met, the conferences I have gone to, the classes I have taken, and projects I have completed.  The skills I have gained will serve me throughout life.

I cannot wait to see where the next stage of my life leads.

To paraphrase Dr. Seuss:

Today is my day.
I’m off to Great Places!
I’m off and away!
I have brains in my head.
I have feet in my shoes
I can steer myself
any direction I choose.
Today is my day!
My mountain is waiting.
So... time to get on my way!

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Amanda. Today is indeed a great day for you! Wishing you the best regardless of where you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss is timeless. My boss, President James J. Whalen used this in his 1990 Convocation speech at Ithaca College. Pres. Whalen went on to say, "I realized that so often important messages come from unexpected places..." Something we all need to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary Maki, That is a wonderful thing to remember. No wonder IC gets such great students, it has a great president:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences