Hobbies: 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History

From Genea-bloggers and Amy Coffin.  Did you have any hobbies as a child? Which ones?

Some hobbies I had as a child have stuck with me to adulthood, such as reading.  I loved Baby Sitters Club, Sweet Valley High, Goosebumps, Fear Street and anything by Bruce Coville, Lois Lowry, Judy Blume and Shel Silverstein.  I also loved to write stories, which now tends to show in my blog posting.  In my early teens I found out how much I enjoyed planning trips and traveling, another love I have kept.  A big part of this is my enjoyment of research and learning new things, which, also in my early teens, led to my beginnings as a genealogist.

Not all hobbies lasted.  I used to love making things out of plastic canvas.  Although I haven't done this in years, my mom still hangs up many of my creations for holiday decorations.  For a long time I collected and learned about Barbie dolls, but I haven't participated in that since I was a teenager.  Lastly, when I was younger I was a big fan of video games, especially Zelda and the Sims.  Now I haven't played a video game since the Wii first came out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences