Thursday, February 23, 2012

39 Days and Counting!



I am very excited to have been chosen as a 1940 US Census Blog Ambassador!

In 39 days the 1940 US census will be released to the public.  If you are anything like me, most (all?) of your census research has been through on sites such as Ancestry.com.  These census records have been digitized and indexed and make it tremendously easy to find your ancestors.

When the 1940 US census images come online on 2 April, they will just be images, no index, no ease in searching.  This is where you can help!  Sign up to be an indexer and you will help create an index for all researchers to use.  Sign up now to get some practice by indexing other records through FamilySearch Indexing.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be an indeser but I am on Dial up!!! Will I still be able to do this?

    ReplyDelete

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...