Friday, February 17, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness Day

RAOK_Logo

According to GeneaBlogger's, today is Random Acts of Kindness Day.  There are multitude of ways to practice random acts of kindness.  I am a big fan of paying the toll for the car behind me on the highway.  Over the holidays, we had a huge chain of people paying for the next person in line's drink through the drive-thru at work, with one guy paying triple his drink cost to keep the chain going.

In genealogy, some of my favorite ways to help people out are through taking tombstone photos in an area they are unable to get to.  I have been a volunteer with FindAGrave.com and Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness (now a Facebook group) and have helped dozens of other genealogists by taking photos of tombstones in the Syracuse area.  I highly recommend participating in one of these types of programs, as it gives good genealogy research karma and helps you with your research practices.

Have you ever participated in a random act of kindness?  How will you be celebrating it today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...