SNGF: Two Degrees of Separation

For this weeks Saturday Night Genealogy Fun by Randy Seaver:

1)  Using your ancestral lines, how far back in time can you go with two degrees of separation?  That means "you knew an ancestor, who knew another ancestor."  When was that second ancestor born?

2)  Tell us in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, in a status line on Facebook or a stream post on Google Plus.

Nuwer Line: I remember my great grandpa, Albert Nuwer (1906-1989).  He would have known his grandmother Elizabeth Zwilling Zaepfel, who was born in 1847 and died in 1929.

On the Acquard Line: I have a photo of myself with my great grandma, Stella Karpinski Acquard (1916-1987) and I think I remember going to a dinner with her where we had the most generations in the room (I need to ask my mom about this).  She would have known her parents, born in 1880 and 1886.  I have not yet found her grandparents vital statistics, but it is possible I will be able to push this back.

On my mother's side, all of my great grandparents had passed on before I was born.

For the Whitehead's, however, I do know my great aunt Lois would have met two of her great grandmother's (though not remember said meeting, most likely), Barbara Fleeman Fink who was born in 1846 and died in 1929 and Sophia Passel Gress who was born in 1846 and died in 1928.

On the Casell side, I met my Grandpa Casell (who I do not remember) who would have known his great grandmother Katherine Weiss Eichhorn,who  born 1849 and died in 1936.

This is pretty amazing to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences