It is hard to believe we are at the halfway point of the year already. After hearing Elizabeth Shown Mills speak at NGS, I am focusing the majority of my time putting sources into my updated RootsMagic database. Although most items are sources in my Legacy database, not everything is and there is almost no document transcription or comments on the validity of the document/information. As such, I am trying to create a main database that will include all of this information and have decided that RootsMagic 5 is the best program for this.
- Main focus: Sophia Possehl research strategy
- Secondary focus: Continue basic search for the husband’s family (Ancestry, FamilySearch, etc.)
- Search for tombstones for my husband’s family in the Utica area
- Put all Whitehead family sources into RootsMagic. All sources must be fully documented, transcribed and with comments as needed.
- Dedicate one shelf on our bookcase to my genealogy notebooks
- Watch all RootsMagic webinars of interest
- Read the 4 genealogy books I have out from the library
- Continue reading and taking notes on the NGS syllabus
- Attend 3 CLRC library/archives workshops
- Post at least twice per week on this blog
- Complete at least 3 Find-A-Grave cemetery requests