Friday, January 4, 2013

2013

Hello little blog.  I've missed you.  2012 turned out to be a pretty crazy year and I promise to update on that soon, but first I just want to say hi to all my readers out there.  Thanks for sticking around.

My only resolution for 2013 is to get back into the hobbies that I most enjoy.  Genealogy is near the top of that list and I have a few goals to go along with that.

  1. Spend at least 1 hour a week on my genealogy, whether research or organization.

  2. Read at least 1 genealogy book a month and post about it here.

  3. Post at least 2 times a week on my blog about my exploits.  These can be about genealogy, libraries, travel or just general updates on life.

  4. Update/organize categories and pages on the blog.


I have been organizing my apartment and am shocked at the amount of genealogical research I have just sitting in boxes.  Many boxes, in many rooms, full of glorious information that I couldn't find if my life depended on it and that is probably not in my genealogy program.  So while new research is always my favorite thing to do, I think organizing the information I have into nice binders and source citations in Legacy is probably a better plan.

I'm looking forward to catching up on all my genealogy blogs in my Reader and finding new ones, too.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...