Motivational Monday: Belgium


  1. My 3rd great-grandmother, Catherine Scheer Kollin was born 14 July 1822 in Belgium.  She married Jacob Kollin and died 21 Jan 1901 in Bennington Center, Wyoming, New York.  I am visiting Belgium in a few weeks and was hoping to visit her home town, except that I have no idea how to do research on Belgium and I kind of forgot I wanted to research it when I booked my plane ticket 5 months ago, so it wasn't looking good.  With some help from an Ancestry.com member tree and the website Messancy, I found her parents and place of birth, Messancy. Belgium.  She also has ancestors who lived in Sprinkange, Luxembourg and Mondercange, Luxembourg.   This week I need to look into these areas and plan a day trip there from Belgium.

  2. I am tremendously close to finishing my sourcing from my Whitehead binder.  I should be able to finish it by the end of Sunday.

  3. I also need to work on organizing my blog categories.  At the very least I would like to finish updating the surname category.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences