SNGF: Where Were They 100 Years Ago?

From Randy at Genea-Musings:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:

1)  Determine where your ancestral families were on 1 January 1913 - 100 years ago.

2)  List them, their family members, their birth years, and their residence location (as close as possible).  Do you have a photograph of their residence from about that time, and does the residence still exist?

3)  Tell us all about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook Status or Google+ Stream post.

  • My great-great grandparents Joseph Acquard, Jr. (1855) and Mary Kollin (unknown) lived in Bennington Center, Wyoming, NY with their children including my great grandfather Florian (1899).

  • My great-great grandparents Franciszek Karpinski (1880) and Jozefa Szydlik (1886) were living with their daughter Genevieve in Buffalo, Erie, NY.  It is possible their parents were living in Poland, but I have not done any research there yet.

  • My great-great grandparents George Nuwer (1869) and Anna Zeapfel (1874) were living with their children, including my great grandfather Albert (1906), at their house on Westwood in Alden, Erie, NY.  I have photos of this home.  I am not sure where George's mother, Elizabeth Nitcher (1843) was at this time.

  • Anna's parents, Joseph Zeapfel (1837) and Elizabeth Zwilling (1847)  lived with some of their children in Lancaster, Erie, NY.

  • My great-great grandparents Marco Casillo (1868) and Caroline Izzo (1876) lived with their children, including my great grandfather Alfred Casell (1906), in  Buffalo, Erie, NY.

  • My great-great grandparents William Eichhorn and Augusta Tross were also living in Buffalo, with their children including my great grandmother Lillian Eichhorn (1908).  William's mother Catherine Weiss (1849) was also probably living in Buffalo at this time.

  • Augusta's mother, Maria Strassheim (1841) was living in Buffalo with her daughter Catherina's family.

  • My great-great grandparents Charles Whitehead (1872) and Anna Sanderson (1871) were living in Buffalo with their children including my great grandfather William (1896).

  • My great-great grandparents Jacob Gress (1869) and Elizabeth Fink (1867) were living with their children, including my great grandmother Vera (1900), in Buffalo.

  • Jacob's mother Sophia Passel (1849) was also living in Buffalo.  She had a few boarders at this time.

  • Elizabeth's mother Barbara Fleeman (1846) was living in Buffalo with 2 of her children.


I do not have many photos of the homes of my ancestors.  I now have a project for the next time I'm visiting Buffalo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review