Monday, January 13, 2014

52 Ancesors: #2 Stanislawa Frances Karpinski



Amy at No Story Too Small has challenged bloggers to post on 52 ancestors in 52 weeks.  I am hoping to post each Sunday.  I am going to use my pedigree chart starting with my great grandparents and go in order.  This might get a little hairy later on, but at least it will give me some things to research/write research plans for and will help with filling out my chart for 2014.

Pedigree #9, Ancestor 2/52: Stanislawa "Stella" Frances Karpinski Acquard, the wife of ancestor #1, Florian Dana Acquard.  Stella is my great grandmother and one of 2 great grandparents I met, though I unfortunately do not remember her (she died shortly after I turned 5).

Stella was born 6 May 1914 in Buffalo, Erie, NY to Franciszek “Francis” and Jozefa “Josephine” (Szydlik) Karpinski.  She was the fifth of 6 children.

She married Florian Dana Acquard on 28 December 1932 in Bennington Center, Wyoming, NY.  They had 6 children, including my grandfather, Theodore.  When her husband died in 1948, she married his brother, Walter John Acquard.  They did not have any children.

Stella died 26 January 1987 in Batavia, Genesee, NY of thyroid cancer.  Stella is buried next to her first husband in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Bennington Center, Wyoming, NY.

A few personal things about Stella are that she knitted my christening outfit, which my sister and some cousins also wore.  We took many photos of my son in the outfit as well.  After Stella had been widowed a second time, she moved into a home across the street from Attica Prison.  This always amazed me as a child, but my mother told me Stella said it was the safest place to be - after all, who would escape from the prison and go to the house directly across from it.

Have:

  • Marriage License
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Marriage Announcement
  • 1920 Census
  • 1940 Census
  • Find A Grave Memorial
  • SSDI Index


Found: 

  • 1930 Census (Ancestry.com)
  • Obituary (fultonhistory.com)

Need:

  • Birth Certificate (Buffalo)
  • Death Certificate (Batavia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...