2014 in Review

1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Go on an extended family vacation as an adult.  It makes traveling with a baby much easier.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm not a fan of resolutions; I much prefer a word of the year.  My word for 2014 was "savor" and while I tried, I'm not sure I did as well as I could have.  For 2015 my word is going to be "passion" which is based on this post a bit.  I want to focus on things I love and leave the rest behind, both in action and in stuff in our apartment.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin had a son, Connor, and my friends had daughters, Anna, Penelope, and Maddie.  Lots of ladies in my infertility group got their miracle babies, as well.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.  We did go to a funeral for a friend's grandmother.

5. What places did you visit? Worchester, MA, Providence & Newport, RI, Toronto & Kingston, Ontario, Detroit, MI.  Plus the usual trips around Central and Western NY.

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?  A trip to see friends in NYC and a trip abroad.

7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 30th, which was Julian's 1st birthday and my two cousin's weddings (September and November).  Not the exact days, but when Aaron's employer closed and when he found a new job.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?   Julian turning 1 as a happy, healthy, curious little boy.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not exercising nearly enough.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I sprained my ankle, which is still an issue at times.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My spot at GRIP.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I'm keeping my answer the same as last year: My husband.  He is amazing with Julian.  I couldn't do it without him.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The reactions of many to the killings of unarmed black men and boys.

14. Where did most of your money go? Daycare.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Julian continues to do awesome things, like walking, which always amaze and excite me.

16. What song will always remind you of 2014? You are My Sunshine.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, though I'm finally working with a doctor to get my PCOS under control.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, thanks to Aaron's new job and a decrease in daycare in November.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Enjoying the moment, saving money, exercising, genealogy, blogging.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2014? Saturday before Christmas with Perrines, Sunday before at Christmas caroling party, Christmas Eve with Casells, Christmas morning at my mom's, afternoon at Acquards, and evening watching Into the Woods with my husband and two of my favorite people.

21. Did you fall in love in 2014? It just keeps getting better with my two main men.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Criminal Minds.  Also rewatching Gilmore Girls and How I Met Your Mother.

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2014? I had off from work and went to lunch and coffee and the doctor by myself.  Don't remember at night.  Went to a play, Albertine in 5 Times, a few days later.

24. What was the best book you read? Fiction: What Alice Forgot by Laine Moriarty, Non-fiction: 168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam, Book club: The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell, Kids: We Are In a Book! by Mo Willems.

25. What did you want and get? My article proposal accepted!

26. What did you want and not get? To win the lottery.  I ought to start playing ;-)

27. What was your favorite film of this year? Into the Woods

28. Did you make some new friends this year? I met some great people at work.

29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If Julian's play vacuum actually worked; I'd have the cleanest house ever ;-)

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? Sweaters and tang tops with jackets for work.

31. What kept you sane? My family and friends.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? The Pope, again, and the Ebola aid workers.

33. What political issue stirred you the most? The killings of unarmed black men and boys by police.

34. Who did you miss? My Grandpa Acquard.  I wish he could have met Julian.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014. Worry less, it will work out in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences