Webinar: Ten Genealogical Lessons I Learned the Hard Way

Family Tree Webinars 



Warren Bittner is among the best, if not the best, genealogical speaker I've ever heard.  I was very excited to see that he was giving a webinar entitled "Ten Genealogical Lessons I Learned the Hard Way" through Legacy Family Tree Webinars today.

This was a fantastic webinar and one that I highly recommend people check out.  A lot of these are things you hear when you learn how to do genealogical research and know you should do, but that you don't always do. 

My favorites are to build the citation up front, read Genealogy Standards: Fiftieth Anniversary Edition quarterly, summarize and plan on the go, and write proof summaries.    Because I didn't do that with my research years ago, I have been going through all of my research over the past couple years and making sure it is cited properly and the conclusions I reached made sense.  In the future I will be doing this as I go along.

I also really liked his discussion on credentials.  At GRIP last summer, I mentioned that I still didn't feel ready to take one of Tom Jones' course, and, after I answered a couple questions, was told I was definitely ready for it (not taking it this year, but that's only because of the New York state course offered).  The point being, don't wait until you're perfect, become a better genealogist and a better researcher now.

These webinars are available free online for a week, so check it out soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review