Saturday, January 14, 2017

52 Ancestors: Lillian Eichorn

Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I will be following my mom’s pedigree chart to start.  In addition to writing these posts, I will be making sure everything I have on the specific individual is in both OneNote and Legacy, do any basic research needed for missing documents, and start research plans as needed.


Week 2 is my mom's paternal grandmother, Lillian Eichorn Casell.  Lillian was born 22 December 1908 in Buffalo, Erie, NY.  Her parents are William and Augusta (Tross) Eichorn.  Lillian was the fifth child and fifth girl in the family, though she would get a little brother in 1914.

Lillian married Alfred Casell 11 Jul 1928 and preceded to have a daughter followed by three sons.  This must have been a big change for her and Al, as he also grew up in a house surrounded by sisters.

Lillian died 19 December 1938 of lobar pneumonia along with myocardial failure (toxic) and rheumatoid arthritis.  She was buried on what would have been her 30th birthday at Acacia Park and Resthaven Memorial Gardens in North Tonawanda, Niagara, NY, in a lot owned by her brother-in-law Friendly Amidon (married to her sister Clara).

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...