Sunday, March 12, 2017

52 Ancestors: Carolina Izzo

Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I will be following my mom’s pedigree chart to start.  In addition to writing these posts, I will be making sure everything I have on the specific individual is in both OneNote and Legacy, do any basic research needed for missing documents, and start research plans as needed.
Izzo Carolina
Me > My Mom > Robert Casell > Alfred Casell > Carolina Izzo

Carolina Izzo was born 3 May 1876 in Calvi Risorta, Caserta, Campagna, Italy to Giovanni Izzo and Caterina D’Onofrio.  There were a lot of Izzos in Calvi Risorta whom I have not yet sorted out.

She married Marcantonio Casillo there 6 December 1901.  They immigrated to Buffalo, Erie, New York and were living there in 1903 when their first child, Amelia Angela Maria, was born.  Following Amelia were twins Alfredo Marco and Angelina Caterina, daughter Lucia, a child (name, date, and gender currently unknown) who died soon after birth, daughter Clara, and son Roberto Giuseppe, who died at 10 months, 2 days of gastro enteritis.

Casillo Caroline Tombstone

She died 2 October 1934 in Buffalo, Erie, New York of general arteriosclerosis and was buried in Buffalo Cemetery, Cheektowaga, Erie, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors: Angela Rosa Palmiero

Amy Johnson Crow at  No Story Too Small  began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I wi...