52 Ancestors: Jacob Gress

Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I will be following my mom’s pedigree chart to start.  In addition to writing these posts, I will be making sure everything I have on the specific individual is in both OneNote and Legacy, do any basic research needed for missing documents, and start research plans as needed.

Woo-hoo, I’m all caught up!  I’m going to try to get back to posting these weekly.

jacob gress bar

Jacob Gress and his son Chester behind the bar

Me > My Mom > My Gramma > Vera Gress > Jacob Gress

Jacob J. Gress was born 26 January 1869 in Buffalo, Erie, New York to Joseph and Sophia (Possehl) Gress.  He was the second of what would be five children.

He married Elizabeth Fink around 1886, also in Buffalo.  They had 7 children, Chester, May, Walter, Elsie, Beulah, and Vera.

Jacob worked as a saloonkeeper for many years.  Later in life, he was a handy man at a paint company.

Jacob died 11 August 1932 in Buffalo of broncho-pneumonia and was buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

GRIP, Take 4