52 Ancestors: Elizabeth Fink Gress

Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small began the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge in 2014.  I am playing along this year.  I will be following my mom’s pedigree chart to start.  In addition to writing these posts, I will be making sure everything I have on the specific individual is in both OneNote and Legacy, do any basic research needed for missing documents, and start research plans as needed.

IMG_0009 (2)

Elizabeth with my Gramma (Left) and great Aunt Judy.  Approximately 1944.

Me > My Mom > My Gramma > Vera Gress > Elizabeth Fink

Elizabeth L. Fink was born 6 July 1867 in Buffalo, Erie, New York to Gottlieb and Barbara (Fleeman) Fink.  She was the second of 11 children.

Elizabeth married Jacob Gress around 1886, also in Buffalo.  They had 7 children, Chester, May, Walter, Elsie, Beulah, and Vera.

Elizabeth and Jacob moved in with their daughter Vera’s family when Jacob was fired from his job right before he planned on retiring, and Elizabeth stayed with them after Jacob died in 1932.

A couple things I know about Elizabeth are that she cleaned rugs by putting salt on them and then sweeping out the dirt and that she made the best angel food cake with whipped strawberry topping.

She died 24 April 1957 of Terminal Broncho-Pneumonia due to Advanced General Atherosclerosis.  Another significant condition, Senile Psychosis simple deterioration (Alzheimers).  She was buried in Forest Lawn next to her husband.

With Elizabeth, I have now put finished posting about my mom’s great grandparents.  I may go back and edit these posts a bit with some additional stories over the next month as I finish inputting information into Legacy and OneNote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

Motivational Monday: Conferences

2016 in Review