* Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc.
When not doing genealogy, my hobbies and interests include:
- Hanging out with my fiancé Aaron, my family and friends - we get tea, play board games, watch movies and chat.
- Traveling - I love cities, history and subways the most. I cannot ever imagine traveling to lay on a beach, when there are so many old buildings, churches, museums and world heritage sites to see. My favorite places I have been include South Africa, Prague, Savannah, and Ottawa.
- Reading - Mostly nonfiction and magazines. Recently I have been reading the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde, which I highly recommend. I also hang out in bookstores and libraries as much as possible.
- Musicals - I used to be in them constantly, but it is too difficult with work and school, so now I just listen to the CD's and go watch them whenever I get the chance.
- School - I am not sure this can be counted as a hobby, although I love learning new things and attending conferences and classes. Most of my time has been tied up in this, but I have found a way to combine it with most of my other hobbies...
As you can see, I do have a life outside of genealogy, although most of my interests are still tied to the overall theme of family, history, and research:-)