Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: Life Outside Genealogy

From Randy at Genea-MusingsYour mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

* Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc.

When not doing genealogy, my hobbies and interests include:

  • Hanging out with my fiancé Aaron, my family and friends - we get tea, play board games, watch movies and chat.
  • Traveling - I love cities, history and subways the most.  I cannot ever imagine traveling to lay on a beach, when there are so many old buildings, churches, museums and world heritage sites to see.  My favorite places I have been include South Africa, Prague, Savannah, and Ottawa.
  • Reading - Mostly nonfiction and magazines.  Recently I have been reading the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde, which I highly recommend.  I also hang out in bookstores and libraries as much as possible.
  • Musicals - I used to be in them constantly, but it is too difficult with work and school, so now I just listen to the CD's and go watch them whenever I get the chance.
  • School - I am not sure this can be counted as a hobby, although I love learning new things and attending conferences and classes.  Most of my time has been tied up in this, but I have found a way to combine it with most of my other hobbies...
As you can see, I do have a life outside of genealogy, although most of my interests are still tied to the overall theme of family, history, and research:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OneNote and Genealogy

GRIP, Take 4

Motivational Monday: Conferences